Re: Fw: WG: Status of Fresenius/Akorn Acquisition ⭐ drugs

Subject: Fw: WG: Status of Fresenius/Akorn Acquisition
To: rich {at} pubmail.io
From: Matt.Kuhn {at} fresenius-kabi.com
On: Oct. 27, 2017, 6:06 a.m.

Hello Rich - my colleague in Germany asked me to contact you.  May I ask for whom you are reporting on this story?

As for a comment you can attribute the following to the company, or me a spokesman for the company:

 "We have no comment on Insys.  It is a separate company from Akorn and not relevant to our announced acquisition of Akorn.  We are targeting year end for the close of the Akorn deal. "

Regards, Matt Kuhn

Matt Kuhn
Senior Director, External Communications and Government Affairs
Region North America

Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
Three Corporate Drive
Lake Zurich, Illinois 60047
T: +1 847-550-5751

C: +1 847-220-3033

matt.kuhn {at} fresenius-kabi.com
www.fresenius-kabi.us

THIS TRANSMISSION CONTAINS INFORMATION INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED, AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PROPRIETARY, PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR OTHERWISE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient (or agent responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, printing, copying, disclosure, distribution, transmission or use of this information (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited and may be subject to legal sanction. If you have received this transmission in error, please permanently delete it, and notify us immediately. Thank you.

----- Forwarded by Matthew Kuhn/SRMA/SC/US/HHC/Fresenius on 10/27/2017 07:12 AM -----

From:        Matthias Link/PR/RM/DE/HHC/Fresenius
To:        Matthew Kuhn/SRMA/SC/US/HHC/Fresenius {at} FRESENIUSINT
Date:        10/27/2017 03:02 AM
Subject:        WG: Status of Fresenius/Akorn Acquisition

Hi Matt,

Would you please answer?

Thanks and best regards

Matthias

Matthias Link

Corporate Communications /
Konzern-Kommunikation

Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
Else-Kröner-Straße 1
61352 Bad Homburg
T +49 6172 608-2872
F +49 6172 608-2294
M +49 173 3473 205

matthias.link {at} fresenius.com
www.fresenius.com

Social media channels:
www.fresenius.com/socialmedia

Link zu gesellschaftsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben und Vertraulichkeitshinweis / Link to corporate information and confidentiality notice

http://www.fresenius.de/Fresenius_SE_und_Co_KGaA.htm

From:        "EXTERN rich {at} pubmail.io" rich {at} pubmail.io
To:        pr-fre {at} fresenius.com,
Date:        27.10.2017 03:12
Subject:        Status of Fresenius/Akorn Acquisition

Hello, my name is Rich Jones, I'm a reporter seeking a statement about the statue of the Fresenius-Kabi acquisition of Akorn Pharmaceuticals given news of today's arrest of Akorn chairman John Kapoor.

Will the acquisition still take place? Will John Kapoor remain on the staff?

Thank you,
Rich Jones

📎 Download attachment-1

To: Matt.Kuhn {at} fresenius-kabi.com
From: Rich Jones <rich {at} pubmail.io>
On: Oct. 27, 2017, 7:08 a.m.

Hey Matt, thank you for your swift reply.

Obviously, Mr. Kapoor is not separate from Akorn - in fact, he is still listed as Chairman of the Board of Directors on their own website: http://investors.akorn.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=78132&p=irol-govBoard [screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/3tcQhHe.jpg]

Does this mean that the merger will still take place, despite being the chairman of the board of Akorn being arrested and charged in a criminal RICO conspiracy? Will John Kapoor be kept on staff and in a position of governance after the merger?

Thank you for clarifying,
Rich Jones

Subject: Re: Fw: WG: Status of Fresenius/Akorn Acquisition
To: rich {at} pubmail.io
From: Matt.Kuhn {at} fresenius-kabi.com
On: Oct. 27, 2017, 9:12 a.m.

Hello Rich - I'd suggest you contact Akorn to discuss Kapoor's current role and how involved he is operationally at Akorn and what his plans are once the deal closes. As you know we are still operating as separate companies.

Are you UK-based?

Thanks very much, Matt

From: Rich Jones <rich {at} pubmail.io>
On: Oct. 27, 2017, 9:35 a.m.

Hi Matt, thanks again for your reply.

Obviously I am in contact with Akorn as well, but I'm specifically interested in this deal. Will the arrest and conspiracy prosecution of Kapoor affect the acquisition? Can you confirm that the acquisition is still going to continue as planned? Will Kapoor be offered employment by FK after the acquisition finalizes?

Thanks again,
Rich

To: rich {at} pubmail.io
From: Matt.Kuhn {at} fresenius-kabi.com
On: Oct. 27, 2017, 9:43 a.m.

Will the arrest and conspiracy prosecution of Kapoor affect the acquisition? No

Can you confirm that the acquisition is still going to continue as planned?  Yes, confirming deal moves forward as planned.

From: Rich Jones <rich {at} pubmail.io>
On: Oct. 27, 2017, 9:46 a.m.

Thanks, and Kapoor's status after the acquisition?