RE: Television Special Inquiry ⭐ drugs

Subject: Television Special Inquiry
To: media.relations {at} cardinalhealth.com
From: Rich Jones <rich {at} pubmail.io>
On: Oct. 24, 2017, 4:24 p.m.

Hello, my name is Rich Jones. I'm a reporter doing a follow up about the recent "60 Minutes" episode, _The Whistleblower_.

In the episode, your company is named by Joe Rannazzisi, former head of the DEA Office of Diversion Control, who accuses your company of deliberately ignoring the illegal diversion of hundreds of millions of pills to rogue pharmacies and pain clinics - providing the rocket fuel for a crisis that, over the last two decades, has claimed 200,000 lives.

So far, I haven't seen any public response from Cardinal about the episode, so I'd like to know your company's official position on the claims made during it.

Specifically:

Are the claims that Cardinal diverted hundreds of millions of pills to rogue pharmacies and pain clinics true? If so, how was that allowed to happen?
Does Cardinal take responsibility for part of the current opioid epidemic?
Was Cardinal influential in the authorship and lobbying of the "Marino" bill mentioned in the episode?

Thanks so much for your time,
Rich Jones

Subject: RE: Television Special Inquiry
To: rich {at} pubmail.io
From: GMB-DUB-Media Relations <media.relations {at} cardinalhealth.com>
On: Oct. 25, 2017, 5:58 a.m.

Hi Rich,

Thank you for reaching out to Cardinal Health. Please view the following content.

Information on HDA's website: https://www.hda.org/news/2017-10-15-correcting-the-record

And Cardinal Health's values statement posted in our newsroom: http://cardinalhealth.mediaroom.com/valuestatement

Thank you,
Heather

[...]

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary

Dansk - Deutsch - Espanol - Francais - Italiano - Japanese - Nederlands - Norsk - Portuguese - Chinese
Svenska: http://www.cardinalhealth.com/en/support/terms-and-conditions-english.html

To: prvs=4649004e1=media.relations {at} cardinalhealth.com
From: Rich Jones <rich {at} pubmail.io>
On: Oct. 25, 2017, 10:37 a.m.

Hi Heather, thank you for your swift reply!

Unfortunately, I don't believe that those resources actually answer any of the specific charges made in the documentary. Nobody is refuting your claim that opioids are over-prescribed by doctors, rather, the issue at hand is whether or not Cardinal knowingly distributed millions of pills prescribed by those rogue doctors.

Just to clarify - I'd like to get some responses to these _specific_ questions:

Are the claims that Cardinal diverted hundreds of millions of pills to rogue pharmacies and pain clinics true? If so, how was that allowed to happen?
Does Cardinal take responsibility for part of the current opioid epidemic?
Was Cardinal influential in the authorship and lobbying of the "Marino" bill mentioned in the episode?

I think you can answer this in the context of "change" if you need to, but really we're talking about whether Cardinal saw this is as a liability or an asset. I've got a deadline looming so I'd really appreciate it if you could give a statement sooner rather than later.

Thanks again!,
Rich

To: rich {at} pubmail.io
From: GMB-DUB-Media Relations <media.relations {at} cardinalhealth.com>
On: Oct. 25, 2017, 10:46 a.m.

Rich,

You're welcome and thank you again for your inquiry. The materials that we provided is all that we have to say on the matter.

Thanks,
Heather

From: Rich Jones <rich {at} pubmail.io>
On: Oct. 25, 2017, 11:04 a.m.

Gotcha, okay, will you answer follow-up questions about specifics in the materials?